CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Ouch!

We went to an outdoor concert here in Henderson on Friday night. It was a fun cover band who didn't take themselves too seriously. And, it rained lightly, which in the desert is pure magic every time. We were all having a great time, but the kids got antsy, so I took them to a lawn behind the seat and let them run around and dance. Ox got into running a loop on a cement wall that went the perimeter of the triangular lawn area. I was marveling at the athleticism it took for him to run and leap up to a higher wall at the corner. Then, he switched directions and what was an impressive leap up became a dangerous leap down and he fell badly. I saw the whole thing and I tell you it gave me nightmares. I grabbed him, blood all over, and my mom rushed us all home so Doctor Dad could fix him up. He was such a tough champ. This picture was taken three days later.

2 comments:

Amy E. said...

Ox seems to be a bit like our Tanner. I, too, marvel at his athleticism until inevitably something happens. And he has scars to prove it! But at least they have fun on the way! And I'm so glad to hear you're getting out and having fun! Way to go, Mama!

Mandy said...

Poor Ox! He is so dang cute though! How is life with four? We need to talk soon sista! Love ya!