CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Zucchini Recipe #1

Whole Wheat Zucchini Brownies
(brought to us by my wonderful sister Deborah)

½ c. cocoa
2 c. whole white wheat flour
1 ½ c. sugar
1 t. salt
1 ½ t. baking soda
2 c. shredded zucchini drained
½ c. oil
2 t. vanilla
½ c. chopped nuts

Sift together dry ingredients. Combine zucchini and oil, blend with dry ingredients. Add vanilla and nuts. Mix well. Spread in greased 11x15 in. cookie sheet
(batter will be very thick). Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.

*Optional Frosting*

1 c. sugar
5 T butter or margarine
1/3 c. milk
6 oz package chocolate chips

Mix together sugar, butter, and milk. Boil 1 min.
Stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Spread on
cooled brownies.

*I never bother with frosting. I think it is better to sprinkle good chocolate chips over the top of uncooked brownies. They sink in a bit when baking and they harden for a delectable texture contrast if these brownies make it to the second day. 'Tis finally the season for Costco to carry Ghiradelli chocolate chips again. Stock up while you can, they disappear in January!

3 comments:

Cara said...

oooooo these sound delicious!!!

Apron Appeal said...

Did you know that you are the voice of reason in my head? I've gotto call. Drat I hate the phone. I'm still working on securing that lake front property to build our homes on.

Verlynn said...

Believe it or not, I haven't found zucchini over here. They have lots of squashes, egg plant, wierd things I can't even describe but no zucc! I'm on a quest... Recipe sounds great.