CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Reading with Gigi

Teaching this girl to read is a hoot. She is very interested, but can drag things out impressively, because she is very easily distracted. Here is a conversation we just had:

Gigi: "llllliiiiiiiiiiicccccck. Lick! Lick me mom. Okay then, I'll lick you. (Rubbing my arm after the licking) It's like lotion! A little bit. Not very.

WAS. WAS goes to jail. That silly WAS is not following the rules. I can make a jail for that naughty WAS with my fingers and he cannot get out no matter what. Look, you can't even see him anymore. He's sleeping in his jail now.

K, k, k, k, Come on, mom, see if you can say this faster than me.

Rock. (curling into a ball) I'm a rock. Hit me and you'll see. C'mon! Hit me! Did it hurt your hand?"

And on and on and on. It is a good thing I am not in any hurry. Oh, and she calls periods 'stop dots' and she won't let me hold the book!

4 comments:

Christina said...

Wow, you are so patient. I would be going beserk after a few minutes, even if I didn't have anything else to do. I guess I need to work on that since I'm about to be tied to the couch for hours on end nursing and I'm sure the girls will want me to read to them and play with the same toys/watch the same shows over and over and I won't be able to get away. You are a great mom!

Amber said...

You're fabulous to see it that way. I think teaching a kid to read is just a crazy hard task. It makes you appreciate how ridiculous the English language really is.

Amy E. said...

Lol! She is very charming, isn't she???You are a wonderful mom to her!

Christina said...

I just saw your comment on my blog about my Halloween costume. Thanks, it was fun to do something different this year. As for your question, Andrea and I are distant Butler cousins, she has Butler ancestors in her line, as do I and Jared. Ever since we found that out, she's called me cousin. We love the Richards and we miss you guys also!