CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

German Pancakes

***OOPS!! I typed up the recipe wrong the first time! It should have been one cup of milk, not 1/2 cup. It's correct now.

My wonderful sister Rebecca always made these for us growing up. I finally called her and successfully got the recipe! I don't think she means to be engaging in a misinformation campaign, but I think she is secretly and maybe subconsciously protecting her title as Best Cook Ever by leaving out details here and there of her delicious recipes, but this one was right on. The most important thing is to do these in the blender; they need the air.

First, preheat the oven to 450 and put your glass 9 x 13 into the oven with 2 tablespoons of butter so that the butter will melt while you prepare the batter. Then, into the blender, put:

6 eggs
1 c. milk
1 c. flour
1 t. salt
2 T. melted butter

Blend 'em up very well, for maybe 45 seconds. Then bake in your 9 X 13 for about 15 minutes. They will get all big and puffy. Be ready to eat them as soon as they are done . . . that is when they are tastiest!

3 comments:

Happy-Hardings said...

I might have the courage to try this recipe. It seems slightly easier than I thought, German pancakes seem so mysterious to me.

Amber said...

I love German Pancakes. Or as Dave's family calls them "Pop-eye Pancakes" (because they have "muscles" :-) I haven't made them forever and your recipe looks yum. Yay!

Seena said...

I just made that this morning. It was cold, and it was nice to have the oven warm up the house. :0) I use 1 cup flour though. I'll have to try it with 1/2 and see how it's different.