CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

An Update

Good grief, my life is flying past me. I went to Jazzercise last night, my second class ever and it is really fun (I realize I may have just solidified my nerdiness), but I just kept thinking, "I could really do these moves better if she would just slow down a tiny bit!" This is how I have been feeling about life in general lately. I suppose I am mostly to blame for the pace, though, so I should just do my best and be grateful, even if I jiggle and don't look like J.Lo. I think this metaphor has gone too far, but you get the idea.

Anyway . . . Dirk's security clearance came through finally and he has a signed offer and is headed to D.C. on Monday to start his job in Maryland doing top secret fancy computer stuff. Very exciting, right? So, he will be commuting back and forth for the next few weeks until our tenants move out of our townhouse in Maryland and we can all move in. Yikes! We will all spend Christmas here and then we will crisscross the country for what feels like the millionth time on what promises to be a fun-filled, snow-filled road trip. I should be thrilled. I AM thrilled. But to be honest, I have started making some good friends here, I have loved getting closer to my mom, and living on the cheap sort of grows on you. . . especially the rent-free part. Henderson is really a fantastic place, except for the occasional extreme heat, but that just doesn't happen very often. So, even though I am happy to be contemplating being an adult again, I am sad to leave.

And what am I most looking forward to, you might ask? Well, I will tell you. I am most looking forward to remodeling and decorating our house out east so we can someday sell it for lots of money. New floors? Definitely. New kitchens and baths? A girl can hope. I have never really, really decorated a house before, but I know I have it in me; I just know it. So I am becoming a student of fabulous ideas so I can turn our oldish, blah house into a home that I like to look at. That's it. May the force be with me.

18 comments:

everything pink! said...

Where are you moving to???
let me know if I can do anything for you.

Camille said...

yeah!! We are very excited that you will be out here. Email me where Dirk will be staying we would love to have him over for dinner and would love to help you when you move out!!

Verlynn said...

You go girl! Can we come visit when we get back in the country? We loved our trip to DC years ago and want to go again. Good luck with the move. Bet your Mom is sad and happy. Sad you're leaving and happy you can get on with your life.

AngiDe said...

congrat's on the job in maryland! I hope the transitions ahead go smoothly!

XO

The Hardy's said...

I'M SO SAD!!! We will miss your family tremendously. But, we are happy for your husband to finally have a job.

Unknown said...

YIPEEEEEE! Congratulations on everything! :) We're so getting together often :) Please let us know if there is anything we can do for Dirk while he's here. We have an extra bed and he's welcome to use it. We live a mile away from the Shady Grove stop on the red line. About a See you soon!

Unknown said...

The last sentence was supposed to say "About a 45-minute commute to downtown D.C. See you soon! :)

Unknown said...

By the way, this is Cynthia :)

Christina said...

Yay, congrats! I'm glad that everything is coming together finally for you guys and good luck with the move and all. Are you stopping by A2 on your way to DC? We'd love to see you and the kids again!

Tiffany said...

YEAH! I'm very excited for you guys! You will make is a great adventure. I can't wait to see your before and after pictures of your home (I'm a closet HGTV addict) :)

Seena said...

Yeah Naomi! Congratulations on Dirk's new jo! I'm so glad that things are finally falling into place. Your patience and faith have really inspired me. Also, how nice is it that you already have a home in Maryland, blah as it may be. :0) Although I did not notice a dash of blah-ness when I was there because the people made it more than full of vibrance! Good luck with the packing, driving, unpacking, settling, and decorating! I'm sure it will be super fabulous! Any chance of a layover in Texas? :0)

Amber said...

So exciting! Another new adventure. I wish you guys the best with it all.

Krista Cook said...

Wahoo, what an adventure. It's always good to have a big project. Good luck, and maybe hire a nanny :) I'm happy for you. You'll do awesome on your house. Good luck with the cross country trip. I think you are one of the neatest people. I need to take some lessons on making friends from you. Love you all, and miss you.

Merry Christmas

Krista Cook said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lacey said...

Congrats on finally getting a job. Gotta love this economy. At least the adventures are fun and you seem to do great where ever you go. Good luck on the move and Merry Christmas!

Mandy said...

Oh my goodness! It's been to long since we last talked! I need to call you! Wow- lots of changes! So happy for you guys and now we can drive and see you! Sorry I missed your birthday- looks like it was awesome!

Kerolann said...

I am glad you have a plan. Please be sure to post all of your decorating ideas so I can steal them. love yous.

Bennett Family said...

I'm with you about living poor. It's kinda nice. It's stinks being a adult. I am so happy that everything worked out with Dirk's job! Sounds great. Wish we could have seen you one last time before you moved. Give me a call and we can catch up. I should have this baby girl in the next two weeks so I will keep you posted.