CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I keep telling her to stop, but . . .


she keeps growing up. Way too fast. I registered her for Kindergarten today. Lord help me. I am ready, but I am not. All I can think about is my teeny tiny baby who let me dress her however I wanted. The one I always called Thumbelina because she seemed impossibly small, even though she was a perfectly average birthweight. The child who, for years, screamed and sobbed if I left her sight, is now getting ready to head off to school for six hours a day. How did this happen?


She seems excited, but she told me today that we needed to go shopping because the kids at school (six months from now) will definitely be nice to her if she has beautiful clothes. What? I promise I haven't taught her this.

6 comments:

The Hardy's said...

Kindergarten must be all-day kindergarten. Can't believe she's going to school

Rachel McEwen said...

what? 6 hours? I am moving back East:)

Camille said...

i need to sign eliza up. all day kindergarten. i am pretty sure a lot of tears will be shed . . . by me.

Camille said...

p.s. we need to get together soon.

AngiDe said...

too funny.... we posted similar posts! defeintetly a big milestone when your baby girl is ready for all day school :)

xo

burnhamnomads said...

I got the same statement about clothes the other day....just an Emma version of it. It was the casual, "all the girls at school have such prettier clothes than me". Didn't teach her that!