CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 2, 2010

Cherry Blossom Festival

We got together with some dear friends from Ann Arbor who now live in Northern VA to attend D.C.'s annual cherry blossom festival. In theory, it was a great idea. In practice, I will not be repeating this little adventure again anytime soon. While it was great to get together with friends, Dirk was working, and without him to help corral/carry/coax children with me, it is a miracle we all made it back home alive. My normally energetic children were tired of walking after about fifteen seconds and only wanted food I did not have. Our fatal error was probably beginning at the Smithsonian's Air and Space museum with a plan to walk from there to the Basin. There were SO many people (maybe Good Friday wasn't the best choice of days?), swarms of people, oodles and loads and herds of people. But we went. We survived. And here are the photos to prove it:


Sitting around the Tidal Basin. The cherry trees are really breathtaking here, as they line the Basin almost all the way around. Jeez, they are cuties. Looking at this picture makes me glad we did this.
The Lincoln Memorial.
The Washington Monument.
Lunch and Frisbee on The Mall.
My thoughts exactly; let's go hooooooooome!
This is the view out my bedroom windows right now. I love the seasons of the East!
Our very own cherry blossom festival. Our whole neighborhood has these trees everywhere, and the kids and I love it when the wind blows the blossoms in little warm snow flurries all around us. Spring is magical.

1 comments:

bethy said...

Adorable pics. That must be something you HAVE to do while in DC. We can't wait to come visit sometime this summer.