CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 27, 2008

First 10K


I. Totally. Rocked.

I ran faster and longer than I ever have before! What a curious thrill, since running hasn't ever been "fun" for me before. I dragged the whole family out of bed to come and cheer me on and I totally did it!! There is a lot of moral support running with a bunch of people, even if you don't know them. I had a terrible side cramp after only a couple of minutes that worried me, but then it went away; nerves, I guess. And, against all odds, it rained on us. Hard. In fact, in the interest of modesty, I probably should have brought a backup for the white race t-shirt. I was so chilled and shivering when I got home, so Gigi and I took a long bath. What a great day. I don't have any pictures of the event, since we forgot the camera, but this is almost how I looked.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Naomi!
You are awesome! Wish I could have been there! You rock, girl! Keep it up! I tried to call you back, hopefully you got the message! Let's catch up soon! Miss you and the fam! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Shannon said...

I bet you looked EXACTLY like that! Love you!

heather said...

Amazing.... You are simply amazing. I just remember running the mile in jr. high and the memories make me shudder.

Becky said...

Woo hoo! You go girl! That's so awesome! One day I will work up to a 5K, but for now, I must go to McDonald's! :)