CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Missed it by that much!

We found out Friday that Dirk did not pass the CA bar by only a few points. Definitely disappointing, to say the least. He has a very good attitude, though. He told me that he rather enjoyed the study the first time around, and this time he'll do it without trying to also start up a business, write a review course, move across country, etc. So, come January, he will once again be eating, drinking and sleeping the Bar/Bri prep course. He'll take five weeks off of work for the February retake, and then it will be another three months plus of waiting to see how he did. Everyone at his firm has been very supportive, and assures him this is the hardest bar in the country. Go Dirk!

As an aside, I am so impressed with his stamina with the whole work thing. He has been working incredibly hard, filing patents left and right, and generally knocking everybody's socks off. In our family, we celebrate a "Comfort Day" -- it's our own homemade holiday whenever we embark on something new. It is usually at the two-month mark of the new adventure. We did celebrate it in October, but our efforts were paltry, and I think another Comfort Day is due . . . maybe Friday. I am usually the weak link in Comfort Day celebrations, because I am in charge of procuring a babysitter, which task I dislike, I guess because I have to clean up the whole house (wouldn't want a fifteen-year-old to notice dirty light fixtures!?) and then pick the girl up and then take her home and it all just seems like a lot of trouble for a dinner out. Anyway, I love you Baby (this is a joke, we never use nicknames, so it cracks us both up when I try) and think you're the greatest!

1 comments:

AngiDe said...

Total bummer! I hope it's better the second time around.
Glad to hear you guys are doing well and enjoying the new place!