CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Remembering My Dad

He was big and strong and loved history, good food, movies, ships, cars, air shows and model airplanes. He could fix anything, but often ended up swearing and throwing things in the process. Once he bought a camper and we had no end of fun in that thing. When I was twelve, I found out that he was shy sometimes, and it confused me. He always took you out to get a treat if you had to go to the doctor. He was born four days after the attack on Pearl Harbor. He would have been 67 today. We miss you, Dad.



This is all nine of us when we went to visit the Susquehana River and the site of the organization of the Aaronic Priesthood in upstate New York. I am one of the little ones. Second from the end.

6 comments:

Kerolann said...

I love seeing all of your family--I know it shouldn't surprise me, but they look just the same as the grown-ups I've met. Your parents did a great job of raising kids who are kind, generous, and pretty handy too (I still love telling people how Deb taught herself to fix her brakes).

Amber said...

That picture is precious. And lovely memories of your dad too. Thank you for sharing.

Krista Cook said...

Hey Naomi,

Thanks for this post. You know President Kimball said the most important word in the gospel is "remember." By the way, we'll be seeing you in San Diego for residency. Wahoo.

Mer said...

Hi Naomi!
I needed to catch up on your blog it has been awhile. I love that crafty doorway puppet theatre. I should give it a try. I also love that picture of your family. It is adorable how they have you in a line by size.

Wilson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

I didn't know you had lost your dad. You did a nice job of remembering him and paying tribute. Sounds like he was a great guy.
Love the knee-high socks. I used to have a very similar outfit!