CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Update

This is an aerial shot of my still pregnant belly, taken while I watch the kids play at the water park here in Henderson. I keep forgetting to have Dirk take belly photos, so this is how I amuse myself when I have time on my hands.


So, for those of you who are interested, we are now staying with my mother in Henderson, Nevada. I still haven't had the baby (due on Monday, and I have NEVER gone early, so this is no great surprise, nor any great disappointment, since taking a newborn to the pool is not realistic, and spending time away from the pool in this heat is no more so). Dirk hasn't found a job yet, though he is working on many things and we are hopeful something wonderful happens in the next couple of months. We are so grateful to have my mom, who has generously opened up her home to us and somehow made it seem like we are doing her a favor, and who found me the best OB/GYN I have ever had. And we are grateful for friends who keep in touch and help us feel connected to the world we know.

8 comments:

Wilson Family said...

You always have cute pregnant bellies :) That is such a blessing that your mom is letting you stay in her house. Do you know where you want to end up, or are you thinking you'll go where Dirk gets a job? We have no idea what we're doing yet. We may stay here, or we may go anywhere in the country, including Alaska :) Good to see you're doing well :)

Amber said...

Good luck with the end days. And thank you so much for your positive words. Gratitude is a powerful force and thankfully contagious.

RicAnn said...

I love the belly pic. So creative :)

Hey I have family that lives in Henderson. Thats a nice little area. I bet the kids love living with Grandma. You guys should just move to SLC. Then we can have A2 friends here.

Good luck with the lil' babe I hope your labor is short and painless.

bethy said...

Your legs look skinny so that is good! :) I am sure you look cute. I am so glad you have a doc that you like. That is so nice. I hope something comes up for Dirk. We think about you guys often.

Wilson Family said...

Come to D.C! :)

The Rackleys said...

Hang in there!!! We had Jacob last Tues (my due date was on the 3rd as well)--but I always go 2 weeks early, so just to have 5 days early was hard. 9.6 pounds of baby came out--and it about killed me. Josie and Joshua got to catch him with Eric--at home again. Good luck with the job thing--we all miss you here.

Mandy said...

I love all your posts! That sandcastle thing you made at the beach is awesome! So not going to show Cade that pic- we don't come close to that at our beach! Your belly is so cute, and I must say- you have some in shape and skinny thighs! So glad you had the babe today! Can't wait for that post!

Christina said...

Hope you have had your baby by now since it's a few days past your due date. Good luck with the babe and can't wait to see pictures!