CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Great Day in the Morning

That's a phrase my mom used to say as an exclamation of surprise or bewilderment that never made much sense to me. Yesterday, when I opened the letter (technically addressed to Dirk, but we are one, right?) from the Caifornia bar office, all I could think was "Great day in the morning!" We were walking to church because we are very green and healthy now that we are Californians and also because it is impossible to find parking at the church, and Gigi forgot her sweater, so I ran back for it (more on my very fast running later). I thought I would grab the mail as I went into the house and I saw the letter and I just couldn't help opening, knowing that it might be bad news and ruin our day. They have decided to accept Dirk's answers from the third day of testing, even though he posted them late!! So, there is a good chance that he will not have to retake the bar. I was so excited. I ran all the way back to catch up with the family and showed him the letter. Do you know what he said? "Oh, that's great." with a kind of pleasantly surprised voice. No jumping or jubilation. He mystifies me. After that, he made the interesting comment that, when he assumed his answers wouldn't be accepted, it was easier to feel confident about his performance on the test in general. But, now that there is a chance he'll pass, he's much less confident. We shall see. We should know around Thanksgiving time or a bit before.

On the running, I have been getting ready for my first 10K, to be run on Thanksgiving morning in downtown San Diego. Anybody want to join me? The training so far has been going well, and is kind of fun, especially when I get to run on the beach at sunset. That is my favorite. I am afraid I am wearing our little doggie right out, however. He starts strong, but after a mile or so, he hangs back a bit. He'll be getting in shape along with me, I suppose. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Naomi! It was great to come across your blog. Hope everything is going well and I'm excited to get to keep in touch now!

~Taryn

Mandy said...

Naomi! I am so excited for Dirk! I hope it all works out. I am so jealous that you get to run on the beach! That is awesome you are running a 10k! Good for you! We miss you guys ton!

Bennett Family said...

I just loved talking to you! We miss you guys. I am so impressed you are running. I will have to do the same. I'm sure Dirk passed the Bar. We should find out next week.