CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Moon Sand -- Yuck

You know, it's possible that Moon Sand was created by someone who just really missed the beach and wanted children everywhere to experience building a sand castle, regardless of their geography. However, I think it is more likely that the inventor was a spiteful ex-husband or scorned ex-wife, who failed to get the house and kids in the divorce and really wanted to invent something that would sabotage all order and cleanliness for the duration of the wonder years. Don't know what I'm talking about? Count yourself lucky.

Ox once played with Moon Sand at some friends' home and has wanted it ever since. It isn't cheap, so I told him we would have to save up for it. When the grandmas sent money for his birthday, he used it for Moon Sand and I have regretted it ever since! This stuff is not of Earth. I think it might actually be from the moon. Although I try to contain it, the mess that it makes defies all my cleaning abilities. The kids played with it on Saturday and I cleaned the downstairs in a circle and when I came back around, sure enough, there were more bright purple footprints in the carpets of the clean rooms. New rule at my house: Moon Sand is an outside toy.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm in total agreement. It is amazingly messy stuff. I put ours high in a closet in the hope that my kids to forget about it. On the flip side however, floam is awesome and I even let the kids play with it in the living room. Also not cheap, but way better than play dough on the messiness scale.

Apron Appeal said...

I read a quote this week that said something like...The greatest way to stifle creativity is to keep your children from making a mess!

I just had to say that because I have a sneaky suspicion that I am the "friend" who introduced moon sand. Who would do such a thing? I'm also the lady who's notorious for setting my kids at the kitchen table with a #10 can of flour and letting them do what they will. Once they are done, I sweep it up and put it away for another day.