CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Haircut


After much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth every morning when it was time to brush hair, Gigi and I had both had enough. I cut her hair on Saturday and though I was intimidated by the task of trying to get it all even, it turned out alright. After I'd cut about six inches off, I asked her what she thought. "More cutting!" was what she said. I was sad to see her pretty locks go, but I have loved the easier maintenance. Her hair was always getting into her food and I had to wash it constantly. One morning, I even found a fruit snack in there. Now I understand my mom's rule that we could only grow our hair out once we were old enough to take care of it ourselves.

8 comments:

Happy-Hardings said...

shorter hair has definitely made my life easier. My two oldest cut thier hair this fall, now it is time for my youngest, there were many tears before preschool today.

Amber said...

Sylvie is the same way. She absolutely loathes me brushing it so I always keep it short. There are plenty of years for long hair when I'm not the one listing to the crying.

heather said...

I've decided that is why I am thrilled about having boys. So much easier to deal with as far as grooming is concerned.

Janie said...

I am laughing about the fruit snack in there!
Her new cut is adorable--good job mom!

keri said...

I'm impressed. The hair cut doesn't look like mom cut it. And teaching kindergarten, I have seen a lot of mom-hair-cuts.

Becky said...

A fruit snack?? Seriously? That made me laugh out loud! You're hilarious!

Krista Cook said...

Still voted best hair family by the Cooks.

Krista

bethy said...

cute haircuts. I can't believe how big Brody is!! I wish I could have been there but you did a great job!