CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 12, 2009

Desert Vacation

The kids and I met Dirk's brother's family in Indio for a vacation at their time share there. It was so generous of them to invite us, and we had the best time. There was a water park, and my children were suddenly interested in swimming, and how. It was wonderfully rejunvenating. All I need for stress relief is a lazy river! I stayed four days, Dirk came out for one full day, because he was busy with all that boring job stuff. Thanks, Doug and Shannon!

This is the first time Ox has showed interest in truly swimming on his own. I think I have his cousins to thank for that. He and Rebekah were inseparable. He was so proud of himself and said to me, "I LOVE the lazy river! It teaches you to swim because it just carries you right along!"

Doug and Abbigail

I made Gigi wear a life jacket. She reluctantly agreed in the end, but only because it was pink.


This was Baby and me most of the time. We couldn't help it! Everytime we would get on the lazy river, he would snuggle in and fall asleep instantly and I hated to wake him, especially since he NEVER does this sort of thing in real life. Plus, it was quite relaxing. I guess I am getting old, because I would yell at Dirk if he ever splashed me trying to get to the nephews.



Our posh room in the fancy condo.

1 comments:

Apron Appeal said...

Where is your belly?