CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 5, 2009

Sleeping Troubles

Gigi has been the strangest sleeper lately. She becomes hysterical as she falls asleep, because she is afraid she will forget everything during the night. Things like, if I promised to paint her nails the next day, or if we are going to preschool, etc. My friend suggested I write things down that she is worried about during our bedtime routine so she wouldn't worry so much. She can draw pictures if she thinks of something when I am not around. It hasn't been perfect, and she still has some weirdness some nights, but I have to say it has become a lot better. The white board got filled up, so I told her it was time to clean it, and she freaked out. We took this picture so we would remember everything we were trying to remember. This obsession has leaked into our whole day, with her asking me at least one thousand times, "Can you remember that?" throughout the day, about the most random things. "I love cheese and chips . . . can you remember that?" "This is a 'c' and I can write it myself . . . can you remember that?" And on, and on.



I took this picture this morning. She was mad at me for something and said, "I'm not going to make you anything special for your birthday and I'm just going to be Daddy's friend forever and ever . . . and can you remember that?" I told her I would rather not remember that, and she became so furious that she hid in my closet, took off her clothes, and distracted herself from her troubles by breaking into my jewelry box. This kid is such a crackup. She mystifies me, and she keeps me on my toes.

5 comments:

Amy E. said...

Wow, I've never quite dealt with that...I'm guessing it's a phase and my advice only was writing things down too. Bless her little heart. You have a beautiful family.

Mandy said...

I love all that you have been up to! Oh, how I wish we were in the same city again! You wouldn't be able to get me out of your hair! Your kiddos are too cute and I love all your funny posts! So great to talk to you today!

The Jayroes said...

Oh wow! Poor thing.

Amy E. said...

Hey, you are welcome at our house anytime! I am embarrassed that it seems to be so difficult for us to make it to San Diego these days. Rob has a conference down there next month, and perhaps we can make a jaunt down there too and visit...

Becky said...

Holy cow! She is already in mom-brain mode trying to remember everything she has to do!! Poor little thing. I hope this doesn't last too long! You sound like you are being very patient about it all. :)