CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 15, 2010

Presidents' Day

I thought it would be fun to take the kids to see Mt. Vernon to celebrate today. It was fun, but still cold and snowy. I definitely appreciate the place more in the spring, when everything is blooming and cool and green. But, we loved meeting George Washington (who looked strangely familiar to Dirk and me . . . does anyone else recognize him?) and seeing the animals and the new museum exhibit. Plus, I enjoyed sharing some American history with my chickadees. Isaac loved hearing about the Revolutionary War and the crossing of the Delaware.





Dirk was really interested in the smokehouse.



7 comments:

Carli said...

What a super great thing to do for President's day! You guys are so clever! (PS. Na your hair is getting so LONG!)

burnhamnomads said...

That makes me soooo homesick! Well as homesick as I ever get.

Dayka Robinson said...

Hey Naomi,

Cute photos of your family!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. My suggestion for your coffee table is to prep, prep, prep! That's really what makes the biggest in refinishing furniture. I'm not sure what your piece looks like, or how much prep it will need. You'll probably want to prime and then paint, and use a polyurethane for protection.

Best of luck, and I'd love to see how your piece turns out!

Amber said...

That looks like so much fun! Very cool. I have yet to do much exploring of my new part of the country and you are inspiring me to go further.

Verlynn said...

I love Mt Vernon!!! When I grow up can I come visit you and you can take me there? It was one of my favoritest places when we were on our D.C, trip and few years back. I'm jealous.

Cara said...

I love Mt. Vernon! I put up a post just for you today, I hope it helps!

The Hardy's said...

I LOVE Mt. Vernon. I served in that area and loved it. What a beautiful place. Glad you're enjoying being there even though it's a lot colder there that it is here.

How's Isaac doing in school?