CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Craigslist Score


I don't know who Craig is, but I am really happy about his list. I scored this solid maple bunk bed set with built-in storage, dovetail drawers, an extra dresser and mattresses (which are pristine, in case that makes you feel icky) for $473! AND it matches the crib which is already in that room. The bottom bunk is not set up in this view because the baby still sleeps in his crib. Looking around my house, I see lots of things I have bought because of this site, and I feel warm and fuzzy all over. It's like dumpster diving, only better stuff. And no smell.

When I was a kid, my dad used to bring stuff home, like baseball hats, a Charlie Brown figurine, old towels. If it was a kid thing, he would present it to one of us and if we asked where he got it from, he would unabashedly say something like, "It was right there on the freeway!" or "I was pumping gas and looked down and there it was!" like he'd had the great fortune of finding hidden-in-plain-sight treasures. Once he was driving my oldest sister and her friends to go bowling or something for her birthday and stopped and made a U-turn to pick up a towel for his workshop. She was mortified, of course. I guess that's where I got it from.

2 comments:

RicAnn said...

I love Craigslist! We have gotten many treasures from it :) I love that your dad was like that. It reminds me of my dad, always looking for deal. I remember collecting beer cans for a lil' extra cash.

Amber said...

That was a serious score. Well done!

If you want to get into thrifty stories we could go back to the month in college when you lived off of rice and potatoes (and a few dinners from your boyfriend) :-)