CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 24, 2009

Baby Boy is Two



April is a month of birthdays for this family, and two is one of my personal faves . . . the child has no expectation, and I can buy any old cake I want for the occasion. This year it was a key lime cheesecake. Yum. We had some friends over and ate and sang and generally made merry to celebrate this cutie chubby boy. Love him. Here are some reasons why:

1. Most contagious laugh ever.
2. Total Daddy's boy. Seriously. He loves me lots, but when Dad is around, I am not even allowed to open up a piece of candy for him.
3. He is already so good at saying "Thank you Mommy!" when I give him something. This is significant, since we were starting to get worried that he would never ever speak. I will say, though, when you have three children, you don't necessarily want those words to start flowing too soon. I can now appreciate that one of the best things about one-on-one time with him is the sweet music of quiet play time.
4. His big tummy is adorable.
5. He hates haircuts even more than his brother at this age. I never thought that was possible.
6. He loves to RUN.
7. He is so independent. He has endless patience for doing things all by himself, even if he has to try and try again.
8. He loves to hold hands. I love this because it is sweet, and because it makes walking in parking lots so much less stressful when I don't have to fight with a child to hold his hand.
9. Just learned to give kisses.
10. He lays his head on your shoulder when you tell him it is time to go to bed . . . even if he isn't really tired yet.

For his birthday, I got him a sand/water table. Terrific mess, but the child loves it so much, it is totally worth it. I caught him "watering" my tomatoes and strawberries with a bucket of sand and had to lay down the law. Otherwise, we have loved it.

1 comments:

Amber said...

I love these lists. What a precious gift for your kiddos to look back on and know why they are treasured.