CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My little girl


She is not so little anymore! Ugh. Sometimes I have anxiety about teaching her all the things she needs to know to grow up in this big world. And, now that she is four, the pressure is really on, since I think that is when kids really start remembering stuff. Following are my top ten irresistables about Gigi:

1. She is just such a bright light around here. Almost always happy and lovely and excited about life.
2. She loves her brothers with gusto, even though the little one has developed a hitting problem, she keeps on loving him through the hard times. She really looks up to her big brother.
3. She wants to date and then marry her daddy. Great taste. But he's taken.
4. She can do so much all on her own, but she still thinks she needs me sometimes.
5. Taking naps with her is the best . . . not always very restful, but she is so snuggly and sweet.
6. Gives great hugs and is so affectionate.
7. She has a way of not being overlooked. Wherever she is, and whoever is in charge, she somehow makes herself someone to be noticed.
8. She is crazy good at Memory.
9. She loves to help me cook or clean or organize.
10. Her opinions are almost always firm . . . She has learned to be obedient, but rarely backs down from how she feels about something.
11. (Bonus) She love to dance, and play ring-around-the-rosie, and make up imaginary games and friends. She can draw almost anybody into her make-believe world.


For Gigi's birthday party, we did a princess and knights celebration at the park. Some of the kids even came in costume. I hid treasure bags full of little gemstones and glitter and sequins. When the children arrived, I gave each one of these noble steeds that I made with my trusty sewing machine, anti-pill fleece, sticks, and plenty of hot glue, and I sent them on a quest for their treasures. They used the stuff to decorate little crowns and then they just played and ate pizza and cake. It was simple and fun and perfect. I don't know why I ever stress about these things. They always come together. The one thing I forgot was batteries for the camera, so we got only a couple of pictures before ours ran completely out.

4 comments:

Kerolann said...

Look at those horses! You are amazing, and Gigi is beautiful just like you! I am glad the party came together-it sounds like lots of fun.

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday to Gigi! What a fun birthday party it must have been. Good job, Mom! :)

Amy E. said...

You know, Gigi sounds a bit like her mom! :) The party sounded great

bethy said...

Her hair is super cute. Good job!! Can't believe she is 4!!